Health Clinic Assistant Director
April 28, 2017
May 11, 2017
Under the supervision of the Health Services Assistant Director, the medical receptionist performs the duties of the front desk including patient flow, doctor scheduling and operation of switchboard for entire Health Clinic staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greeting patients.
- Scheduling appointments electronically.
- Explaining clinic policy to patients.
- Receiving and delivering messages.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receiving calls from doctor offices, hospital labs and x-ray.
- Taking prescription refill messages.
- Filing medical reports and insurance forms.
- Verifying and updating patient data.
- Ensuring accuracy of patient charts; pulling patient charts.
- Completing insurance and other forms.
- Coding of diagnoses and procedures.
- Operating office machinery such as fax and copy machine.
- Entering data into the Indian Health Services RPMS/Electronic Health Records system.
- Maintaining the receptionist area.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have good communication skills and ability to work well with people.
- Have good typing skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and treat patients with respect and consideration.
- Be consistently at work and on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Please note that a skills test will be administered as part of the interview process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate of Arts Degree and one year of related experience, OR High School Diploma/GED and three years experience of office administration or clerical experience OR five years of office administration or clerical experience. This position also requires typing ability of 40 words per minute.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, use whole numbers, common fraction and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required sit, talk and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently be required to lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position also requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships) and the ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The specific job duties that require the physical demands listed above are, producing and reading documents and monitoring the environment for safety including patient behavior.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must maintain the utmost confidentiality in all work, cases and files pertaining to projects and activities of this position. Any violation in this matter will result in termination of employment.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Human Resources Department (360) 426-9781.