Director of Information Services
9/10 ($25.83 )
July 20, 2018
August 3, 2018
The System Administrator is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining End-User systems and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Recommend end-user hardware (PCs, laptops, desk phones, cell phones, etc) and software (OS, productivity applications, etc) standards by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, and meeting both security and policy requirements.
● Quote, purchase, and deploy requests for end-user related hardware and software for all departments.
● Maintain end-user hardware and software productivity by performing regular monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
● Troubleshoot and service end-user hardware and software, either by repairing in house, or escalating issue to vendor or manufacturer to resolve.
● Upgrade systems by conferring with vendors and documentation, testing and evaluating when necessary, then installing enhancements or new software.
● Present recommendations, solutions, and research in written and/or oral form to management for review.
● Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including trainings, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations and trade shows.
● Provide friendly professional support services to Tribal employees and community members.
● Able to conduct logical troubleshooting to assist users with any manner of technical issue.
● Maintain records of maintenance and services rendered for analytics and troubleshooting.
● Understand and enforce security and confidentiality policies when necessary.
● Take opportunities to educate user about their software applications as well as how they are connected to the digital resources.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
knowledge the following is expected for position coverage.
● Manages the foundational network software servers including Domain Controllers, DHCP, DNS, Print and File services, and MS SCCM.
● Manages cloud based services including Google Apps, Smartsheet, Spiceworks, and others.
● Evaluates and researches current and future infrastructure hardware/software requirements and capabilities then makes recommendations.
● Deployment, configuration, maintenance and monitoring of active network hardware: switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
● Network environment management, including LAN, WLAN, and WAN addressing, routing, VPNs, Firewalls, and VLANs.
● Create and maintain logical, physical and protocol maps, and backups of all equipment and cabling layouts, configurations parameters, and network documentation standards and procedures.
● Server installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, including software security patches, operating system updates, performance tuning, log analysis, maintaining application updates and bug fixes.
● Evaluates and recommends solutions to difficult security problems in existing and developing systems.
● Monitors and maintains virtual systems including SAN, Servers, and fabric.
● Secures system integrity by developing access protocols, monitoring, and evaluation as well as confirming back-ups and maintaining documentation for recovery.
● Presents recommendations, solutions, and research in written and/or oral form to management for review.
● Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including trainings, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations and trade shows.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years experience in information technology field OR Associate of Arts and a minimum of five years experience in information technology field OR High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of seven years’ experience in information technology field.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver’s license. A+/Net+/MCP / MCSA / MCSE/ MCITP strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position are close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and may run the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Human Resources Department (360) 432-3865.