Office Assistant 5 – DCD
Planning & Community Development
Program Services Manager
7/8 ($22.03 hourly)
June 25, 2021
July 12, 2021
This position is point of contact on Tribal and Housing Solid Waste & Recycling. Plans and organizes work under general supervision. Deviation from established parameters and or policies requires approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- General office assistant duties
- Proofread, gather information such as research items or ideas, obtain quotes
- Compile Contract Documents and Addendums for review and approval
- Coordinate records management
- Purchasing for DCD & Planning as requested
- Perform Solid Waste duties, such as educational & outreach, checking out equipment, posting articles, reconciling totes
- Prepare and process Encumbrances and API’s in Microix, verifying accuracy
- Assist other staff with duties or projects when requested by supervisor
- Ensures and maintains strict confidentiality with regard to all aspects of job duties as well as knowledge from associated programs I the department
- Collect & record statistics with accuracy
- Collect, review & record timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word, perform computer input at an acceptable level of proficiency & accuracy
- Able to understand and carry out tasks
- After initial training, takes responsibility of own work with minimum supervision
- Able to adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Able to meet and deal with the public in a pleasant and respectful manner and at times, in stressful situations
- Able to work an occasional evening and/or weekend
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of related experience, OR Associate of Arts Degree and three years of related experience, OR High School Diploma/GED and five years of related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a current Washington State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. This position may occasionally require lifting up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required y this job include close vision, i.e. clear vision at 20inches or less; color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) and an ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will occasionally work near moving parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
INDIAN PREFERENCE Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.