Financial Specialist 1
Accounts Receivable Manager, Julie Goodwin
Full-time (40 hours a week)
6/7 (19.41 hourly)
September 13, 2019
September 27, 2019
Assists accounting specialists or comparable levels in performing a variety of professional accounting, fiscal transactions and periodic and year-end reports in accounts receivable. This is an entry-level accounting specialist class and incumbents are typically under closer supervision or perform a combination of general accounting and office support/clerical duties. Incumbents are trained and developed based on work in support of the professional accounting activities of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists in monitoring accounting system and financial activities for the Tribe.
- A telephone headset must be worn at all times to ensure the answering of customer telephone inquiries, for hands-free computer use while assisting customers, and for filing and/or scanning documents in the Finance Department.
- Accepts payments of cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Maintains change box accurately.
- Writes, records and verifies cash receipts for Housing & Utilities, Court, Natural Resources, and other miscellaneous payments.
- Prepares and records documents for bank deposits.
- Inputs data in computerized utilities system and Excel spreadsheets.
- Reconciles customer statements and mails to customers on a monthly basis.
- Maintains customer files and files all statements in a timely manner.
- Maintains various financial ledgers and examines a variety of financial statements for accuracy.
- Monitors, researches and prepares various monthly spreadsheets.
- Reviews and verifies General Ledger (GL) balances for various accounts monthly.
- Performs a variety of senior clerical activities, such as: composing, editing and typing correspondence, reports or summary information
- Must maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to collect and research data, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, respond promptly to customer needs, meet commitments, contribute to a positive team spirit, follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The successful applicant must be consistently at work and on time; must follow instructions and respond to management direction; have good communication skills; and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts, OR Associates Degree or certificate of completion from an accredited business school and two years of experience in accounting, as a senior accounting clerk or related position; OR High school diploma/GED and four years of accounting experience
Note: Financial positions must be bondable.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear; the employee must also occasionally stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The applicant may occasionally be required to lift up to twenty-five pounds and frequently lift up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, (clear vision at 20 inches or less); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). This job entails a lot of close up reading, interpreting, keying, and writing. Focus must shift easily from flat surface to computer screen and vice versa.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally work near mechanical parts and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Normal office noise including printers; occasional fieldwork for fixed assets may include outside noises.
DRUG FREE WORK PLACE: The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening, in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace policy.
Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position consistent with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Submit application packets including a resume and cover letter to Contact Human Resources for more information: 360-427-9781.