Office Assistant 1, Receptionist
Executive Community Garden
Community Garden Program Manager
3/4 ($13.87 hourly)
August 23, 2019
September 9, 2019
The Office Assistant serves the Garden Program in performing routine clerical duties and assignments. Interacts with the public via telephone and in-person reception. Primary duties will be to organize and maintain files, assist with the ordering and purchasing of supplies, answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate person, taking lead on communications for all Garden events, as well as greeting and directing visitors. Attendance and punctuality are absolutely essential to this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Arrive to work on time each day; unlock main entrance doors, turn on lights and phone switchboard
- Answer phones, direct calls, respond to inquiries of the Garden via email.
- Provide clerical and administrative support in a collaborative setting ensuring efficient, accurate and timely completion of assigned duties.
- Receive guests of the department in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
- Order and purchase supplies using Microix.
- Create event flyers, maintain a contact list, communicate with participants, and manage event checklists.
- Photograph and document Garden events with pictures and a written overview for publication.
- Maintain the inventory for Garden tools and equipment. Making necessary purchase requests as needed.
- Schedule calendar for events and tours in coordination with the Manager and assist with correspondence.
- Assist with the creation of time sheets for Garden Technicians, collect signatures from Garden Manager, and deliver to Finance Department.
- Coordinate with Garden staff to schedule weekend watering schedule.
- Assist with organizational events as requested.
- Maintain tidiness of reception area, kitchen, and lobby daily.
- Train in tours and all aspects of the Garden.
- Supports other departmental activities as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful applicant must be consistently at work and on time; must follow instructions and respond to management direction; have good communication skills; and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. The applicant will need to have a strong skillset in writing, punctuation, and editing to perform the job successfully.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience OR 3 years of experience. Must have current Driver’s License and be insurable by the tribe.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, another other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to sit, and talk or hear; and is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may occasionally require lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less; peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) and an ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level of the work environment is generally moderate.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
The successful candidate will be required to have a urinalysis for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Indian Preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Submit. application packets including a resume and cover letter to Contact, Human Resources for more information: 360-426-9781.